Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Starfish and Stripes



Summer is flying by! Summers in Maine are short but sweet, and I've been enjoying working by the beautiful lake at my studio in Lucerne. Oftentimes on the fourth of July, our neighbors send up fireworks around the lake. The pop and sparkle of color over the still lake makes a beautiful, almost private show and a perfect ending to a summer evening.

 
 I've been working on some "star" jewelry-- starfish cuff bracelets adorned with swarovski crystal and "seafoam" star-shaped earrings. Each one is unique. The process for creating each one is very involved. The result is something that I think can go equally well with a beautiful dress as with a button down shirt and jeans. They really can go anywhere, and they're made to be treasures enjoyed for many years.


 Besides working on new cuff and earring designs, I've been busy getting ready for my summer season of craft shows. This coming weekend, you can find me and my Yikes! jewelry at the Maine Crafts Guild Damariscotta Show, July 6-7, at the YMCA, 525 Main St., Damariscotta, Maine. 

The Maine Crafts Guild Damariscotta show features the highest quality Maine craftsmanship, with approximately fifty vendors in the market. Admission is $5 for adults and free for those under 12. Hours are Saturday, July 6, 2013 from 10 am to 5 pm  and Sunday, July 7, 2013 from 10 am to 4 pm. To learn more, click here.

I've been working on a new booth set-up for a great shopping/browsing experience. It's been a busy time lately, but that's nothing new! I'd love to see you at my upcoming show, so stop by and say hello-- & have a wonderful fourth of July!
 


Suzanne Anderson is the creator of YIKES! Studio Jewelry. Suzanne has been busy creating for most of her life. After graduating with a BA from Maine College of Art, she worked as a graphic designer and a painter. Suzanne works to ensure that YIKES! Studio creates work that is fun, beautiful, always interesting, and adorns the wearer with joy. Catch up with her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Etsy, or her website at www.yikesstudio.com.

No comments :

Post a Comment